ANCHOR CO-OP Fall 2019
We have this hope as an anchor to the soul. Hebrews 6:19
Director: Kelli Walker 813-690-5487
Asst. Director: Amanda Jarrett 813-484-1417
Secretary: Tamera Richie 813-967-2260
Treasurer: Jennifer Huskey 423-367-4949
Anchor Co-op Purpose:
- To give children opportunities to interact with others.
- To experience classes better taught in larger groups.
- To enjoy classes that do not contradict scripture or the ANCHOR statement of faith.
Bell Shoals Baptist Church Apollo Beach Campus
6414 Golf and Sea Blvd. Apollo Beach Fl. 33572
- $10 per child per semester.
- High School drop off fee of $25 per semester.
- Co-op fees are non-refundable.
- Nursery – High School
- 2- 1hr15 minute classes.
- In order, for co-op to be successful we need full commitment for 12 weeks. We understand that life happens, and children get sick. If you must miss a week, please follow the procedure below:
- Contact Kelli Walker via text message (813) 690-5487
- Notify your assistant teacher immediately. It is your responsibility to make sure they have what they need to teach in your absence.
- Notify the teachers of all your children via the Facebook page. This will assist them in planning for their classes.
- If your child or any member of your family has had rash, fever, diarrhea or vomiting within 24hrs of co-op please keep all your family home from co-op. This is for the health and safety of all our children and families.
- Co-Op can only be successful if families are committed and flexible. Attendance is necessary each week.
- Families with more than 2 absences per semester will not have priority registration for the following semester.
Each class is allotted a $25 budget. Reimbursement can be obtained by turning in receipts to Jennifer Huskey.
Student Behavioral Expectations:
- Students are expected to be respectful of teachers and peers.
- Students are expected to be quiet and attentive when any teacher is speaking to the class. (This is very important in case of an emergency and beneficial to your students learning experience).
- Students are expected to participate in class activities to the best of their abilities.
- Students are expected to walk in the building and use inside voices when indoors.
Teacher Classroom Expectations:
- Provide a 12 week course of study.
- Prepare engaging activities that will include students of all capabilities.
- Teach students to listen when you are speaking.
- Plan to have activities/instruction for the full class time. (clean-up included)
- Have Fun! This co-op is meant for hands-on learning and movement. Students should not be expected to sit at the desk for a class period without activity.
- Teachers should be mindful of all allergies in the classroom. Food items should not be provided for students. IF your class absolutely needs to have food involved please clear it with the board first.
- Rewards are acceptable but please NO CANDY or any food item. Stickers and pencils work well.
Steps for poor behavior:
If a student is being unruly or unsafe please follow these steps.
- Give the student a verbal warning.
- Ask another teacher to speak to the student one-on-one. (This will allow the students voice to be heard). Often they are acting out because they need something or aren’t feeling well.
- Assistant teacher should get a board member. (Board member will speak to teacher and student. They will also determine if student should return to class).
3 strikes policy. If behavior isn’t corrected by student speaking to a board member the child will be asked to remain with parent for the remainder of the day.
If student is removed from the classroom 3 times during a semester they may be asked to not return.
- Teach one class and assist in another.
- Speak to your children about rules and expected behaviors.
- If you have to miss co-op YOU must inform your assistant teachers and the board.
- If you have 2 no call no shows in a semester you will be asked to leave the co-op.
- Commit to being here on time for 12 weeks.
- Flexibility is key to a successful co-op.