Field Trip – Aerospace Center for Excellence
May 11 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmU$15.00
“During a field trip to the Aerospace Center for Excellence, your students will enjoy experiences like scavenger hunts, science demonstrations, interactive exploration modules in our Skylab Innovation Center, flight simulation, weather, and engineering to motivate them to pursue additional aerospace and STEM learning opportunities.”
Programs: K-2 Engineering and SOS 5-12 – Flight Simulators and Engineering
Sibling Policy | Due to the interactive nature of our programs, non-participating parents and siblings are not permitted. However, a reduced rate of $10/adult and $8/child for entry into the Museum may be purchased at the Front Desk. Entry to the Museum for children 10 and under is free.
We recommend arriving 15 minutes prior to the beginning of your field trip to check in, pay, and use the facilities.
ACE Media Release Form| The Media Release Form must be signed by all participating students’ parents/guardians. Please, email the signed form to Susan M. All hard copies will need to be provided for the team upon arrival.
Field Trip Procedures/Policies Arrival:
• Parking is available in the lot next to the Florida Air Museum and SkyLab Innovation Center. Parents and students will wait inside the Aerospace Pavilion for the field trip to begin.
• Upon arrival, the coordinator will go to the Museum Front Desk to finalize payment. The ACE Staff will meet the group at the picnic tables under the Aerospace Pavilion unless otherwise communicated.
• Please plan to arrive 15 minutes ahead of scheduled program time to make payments, and use the restroom. The tour will begin on time and late arrivals may miss some programming.
• There are no dining options available on site, however vending machines are located in the Museum Gift Shop.
• If you are bringing lunch, place coolers on the Stage under the Pavilion upon arrival.
• Lunches may be eaten at the picnic tables in the Aerospace Pavilion.
• Due to the interactive nature of our programs, students must be supervised at all times by an adult chaperone. A minimum of one adult per 10 students is required. Please note our sibling policy listed above.
• Food, candy, gum and drinks are not allowed in the Museum and SkyLab Innovation Center.
• Due to other tours, field trips, and possible events taking place at the Aerospace Center for Excellence, groups are asked to keep the volume at a minimum using their indoor voices.
• No running in the facilities.
• Bathrooms are available inside the Aerospace Center for Excellence. Visitors are to remain on the first floor to use the bathrooms.
Cost: U$15 per student/$10 adult.
We will follow up this final field trip with free play at Common Grounds Park. Those who do not want to attend the first part can meet at Common Grounds whenever they choose.