We have held off on emailing you during the past week as we were certain you were receiving an incredible load of information fast enough to make your head spin! It is a challenging, crazy time we are in! I don’t know about you, but every morning when I wake up and realize it wasn’t a dream I feel like I am living inside a movie! It is hard to believe our lives are halted by this invisible tiny thing. But Colossians 1:16 says, “For in Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers, rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.” – “FOR HIM,” you guys. So many things are changing around us because of this. Our prayer is that these changes bring more and more people closer to Him than ever before!
So, a few updates in regards to our group…
* All our activities are cancelled until this storm passes. And it will. We miss seeing you face to face and enjoying learning and having fun together, but we will be able to hug again soon enough. Pray for each other during this time. Check in and give virtual hugs meanwhile.
* Our Homeschooling Parents Forum is loaded up with resources that you can use from home. Our wonderful Stacey C. has been sharing links to virtual field trips, online courses, craft ideas and so much more. If you haven’t joined yet, head that way (this is a closed group, so please answer the questions to be accepted). You can invite others to join too.
* So many parents who did not intend to homeschool are now struggling to get the hang of it. I know you are reaching out to your own friends and giving them pointers. We want to encourage you to not be shy in doing so. We all struggle too and feel like we are NOT experts, but it really doesn’t matter. Share what works for you, what are some good things you have tried and what didn’t work too. Just be honest and share your experience. Everything will be helpful. You have been doing this longer than them, so you can definitely be a source of support. Your leadership team is also available and willing to help any others in this “unexpected homeschooling” journey. Feel free to share our email address and we will respond to them.
* If you have a need, big or small, reach out to us. Our church and leadership team are here to help. I, myself, had to reach out this past week and was blessed by one of our leaders. Let us know what you need and your prayer requests as well.
* Our church is hosting online services, as I know many other churches are. If you’d like to watch online follow BSAB’s facebook page here. Today we also had an online service for Preschoolers and Kindergarteners and one for our Elementary aged kids. Watch them here. They were so fun (and are still available to watch)!
* To all the expectant mommas in our group, we feel sad with you that things are not as planned, but HE’S GOT THIS! We are here for you and praying for you!
* To those who are at risk, or have children at risk, our prayers for the Blood of the Lamb to cover your house! We love you and pray for you.
* And, we want to thank all the husbands or wives who are still having to work so that we have all we need. Those who are keeping us safe and providing all the basic services that we all need. We are so thankful for your sacrifice!!!
We love and miss you all. Keep seeking Him and being His light to the world.
We are here for you and with you in all of this.
[ The Armor of God ] Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
Ephesians 6:10-11 NIV